Mage Squad
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distractions {Open to anyone!}

3 posters

Go down

Distractions {Open to anyone!} Empty Distractions {Open to anyone!}

Post  Prima Gellwulf Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:11 pm

The towering wall that separated Old City from New City offered welcomed shade in the heat of the late afternoon. Already a few streets into the oldest part of the city, Prima stopped to rest beside a row of small booths filled with fruits and trinkets. The shadow from the wall as the sun began to dip behind it left her in patch of cool shade, and Prima was grateful for the reprieve.

She could feel a trickle of sweat rolling down her neck, finding its way along her skin and across her back. She longed to take off the breastplate she wore, to shed the layer of heavy armor that baked in the sun. Already she had removed all other parts of the armor, finding it easier to travel the city in casual leggings and boots rather than full plate. Still, before she could be completely comfortable she had a mission to complete, and she must look the part.

What her mission entailed, though, made her scrunch her brow in frustration. She was to deliver a letter to one of the lords in the city, then return back with an answer. A glorified messenger, that's what she was. It was not what she had spent her life training for. A squire could have done this – should have done this. That the council had sent her was demeaning, a slight on her, no doubt.

No, I need to stop thinking like that, Prima scolded herself. Every duty was important. This only seemed so terrible because she wanted to be elsewhere, to be fighting and defending and making a difference. She had always been reminded to practice patience, but Prima had never truly caught on to the concept. Waiting for the assignments she wanted was a type of torture, as was completing ones such as this.

Her aggravation made her linger and dawdle, taking her own sweet time. No one had mentioned just how long she had to complete her task, and she was going to take full advantage of that. Plucking a particularly ripe peach from the vendor she stood by, Prima paid the man and continued her journey, taking as many back streets as she could and silently cursing the way stray strands of her hair stuck to her damp skin.

Prima Gellwulf
Solamnic Knight

Back to top Go down

Distractions {Open to anyone!} Empty Re: Distractions {Open to anyone!}

Post  Tereixa Bliss Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:50 pm

The dark haired woman watched the other stand in the shade of the wall. She wondered if she was a knight on casual friday or if she had stolen the breastplate -for that was the only visible piece of armor. Last she checked, there were a few more pieces to the ensemble.

She pulled the tip of her red hood further over her face, shielding her eyes from the glare of the sun. When she saw the woman start to walk away, a fruit in hand, she trailed behind. Her curiosity getting the better of her. She didn't even know what she would do if either story turned out correct. If the person was a thief, what then? Should she turn her in? Or should she return the breastplate to its correct owner herself? How long would that take? Would it be worth it? Or what if the woman was the correct owner of said item? Then I would be stalking a Knight. I'm sure that'd look just great.

Her gold eyes flicked uncertainly at the thought. Maybe she should stop. The man she had just passed looked like a pleasant fellow. She was sure that she could find some entertainment and companionship there.

But then again, she didn't know anything about this single armor pieced woman. She wondered if she should just greet her. Maybe toss a friendly spell in her direction to cool her down -her hair was soaked.

As she debated all of this, her feet stepped quietly among the crowd to follow.
Tereixa Bliss
Tereixa Bliss
Red Robed Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna of the Red Robes Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:44 pm

Jenna stands in the street, glaring at the kender who had just "accidentally" bumped into her. She has a firm grip on his arm, her other hand outstretched. "Give it back," She says coldly, a tone that any sane person would not argue with. However, kender aren't exactly known for their sanity.

"Give what back?" He asks with a wide-eyed innocent expression.

Jenna narrows her eyes in annoyance. "My ring," Her voice was practically glacial. "Return it, now."

The kender looks around confusedly. "Your ring?" He asks with a childish smile. "I'm sure it is very pretty, wherever it is. You know, I once had a magical ring that -- Hey, ow! That hurts!" He shouts as Jenna increases the pressure on his arm.

The sorceress looks around frustratedly, her eyes scanning the citizens of Palanthas milling about. She is hoping to spot a city guard or even a Knight of Solamnia to help deal with this annoyance.

Lunitari's luck must be on her side for almost instantly she sees a Knight walking towards her. At least, Jenna assumes she is a Knight. The woman is dressed in the breastplate associated with the ancient order but, not the rest of the armor.

"Excuse me, Madame Knight!" Jenna calls out, trying to get her attention. The kender squirms in her grip, trying and failing to get away.
Jenna of the Red Robes
Jenna of the Red Robes
Red Robed Mage

http://jenna-of-the-red-robes.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Prima Gellwulf Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:20 pm

It was a few moments before Prima felt the hair on the back of her neck prickle. The sensation was familiar, if not welcome. Someone was watching her.

She did not turn back right away, but instead continued on her path, refusing to hesitate or deviate in her pattern. The worst thing to do would be to let whoever was following her know she was aware of them, and though strict interpretation of the Measure demanded she confront this stranger, Prima had never been one to follow to the letter. The Oath, sure, that she would give her life for, but the thirty seven volumes of black and white rules? She had found the world wasn't as black and white as it was in books.

So she continued on for another street before pausing, using the need to pull her hair off her shoulders as an excuse to stand idle and look around. Behind her was a street like any other, filled with citizens and travelers of the city going about this business. Prima didn't see anything out of place, nor anything suspicious. Perhaps her instincts were off. It wouldn't be the first time.

Deciding to let the matter go, at least for now, Prima again started to walk the streets. She had only manged a few paces before a call in her direction caught her attention, and she turned to the scene unfolding before her.

What appeared to be a mage, and a quite lovely one at that, was gripping a kender by the arm, keeping him firmly in one spot. There didn't seem to be any city guard around, and so Prima must have been the next best person to deal with whatever nuisance the kender had created.

“Good afternoon, Miss, Sir.” She gave a slight nod of her head in respect to both. “Is there something I can assist you with? Maybe a matter of a borrowed item?” She smiled down at the kender, his squirming ceasing for the moment. Prima had a soft spot for the fearless and lively kender; she, too, wished to be off and away on new adventures. Besides, they were mostly harmless.

Prima Gellwulf
Solamnic Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Tereixa Bliss Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:53 am

Tereixa watched on curiously as another red robe walked up to the maybe Knight first. She idled closer, stopping at stall selling small, glasswork baubles. She pretended to look as she listened in.

The way she greeted her fellow mage seemed like she might be a Knight. At least she responded the hail of Knight. Tereixa felt a little disappointed at the revelation having fooled herself into thinking more grandeur ideas about the person. Still, she was not one to leave a new meeting unfulfilled.

She walked up to the two, smiling amiably. "Oh, there you are, Aissel. I've been looking the whole city for you," she said to the kender she had never seen before in her life.

The kender pointed at himself to ask if she was talking to him. "But I'm not -" his response was cut off with curt rap of Tereixa's staff on his leg. "Ouch! That hurt! Why'd you -"

"I'm sorry about any trouble my friend caused you," Tereixa spoke over him, looking at the Knight. She saw how hot the woman was. So that's why she's not wearing her full armor. Tereixa began to tap her finger on her staff without thinking. "What did he do?"
Tereixa Bliss
Tereixa Bliss
Red Robed Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenna of the Red Robes Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:19 pm

Jenna glares at the kender, having no love for the creatures. The amount of times they had attempted to cause trouble at her mageware shop were incalculable.

"He has stolen my ring," The sorceress explains simply, swiftly glancing at the Knight and the mage who had approached her as well. "And he has been most difficult about returning it." The kender begins squirming again, feeling uncomfortable under Jenna's icy stare.

A sudden idea occurs to her, one that would hopefully encourage him to return her property with minimal trouble -- not that she'd terribly mind seeing the creature in jail.

Jenna composes her features to look mildly concerned. "You see, my ring has extremely dangerous magical properties. If anyone," She gives the kender a pointed look. "Besides myself attempts to wear it, then it will cause the wearer unbelievable pain."

The kender's eyes widen and for a moment the red robe is concerned that she has made him even more curious about her jewelry than before.

"Perhaps one of you would be of assistance in retrieving it for me?" She smiles her lovely, albeit cold smile as she regards the mage and the Knight.
Jenna of the Red Robes
Jenna of the Red Robes
Red Robed Mage

http://jenna-of-the-red-robes.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum